The main objective of the Association is to bring together Embu County professionals and create a platform to facilitate networking amongst themselves thereby creating visibilty; faciliate them to forge a united front to have a voice in the County and National development agenda; and to use their skills and experience to give back to their County.
The specific objectives include :
- Develop and continually update a register of Embu County Professionals.
- Develop and continually update a skills database for Embu County Professionals.
- Develop strategies and mechanisms for the soci-economic empowerment and support of members.
- Organize professional bonding and networking forums and events.
- Empower county residents by holding periodic multi-sectoral professional clinics within Embu County.
- Promote academic performance in the county through giving career and motivational talks, structured mentorship programmes and recognition of exemplary performance through academic awards.
- Collaborate with county and national governments for the social economic development of Embu County.
- Policy and Stakeholder engagement on issues affecting the county and the country.
To provide a platform to enable Embu Professionals to give back to the community.
ECPDA will be guided by the following 12 Strategic Objectives.
- Increase membership by 20% every year
- Resource mobilization for ECPDA activities
- Establishing and sustaining partnerships
- Establish and update register of members
- Organize bonding sessions
- Organize multi-sectoral clinics
- Organize motivation and mentoring sessions primary and secondary schools and other institutions including TVETA and Universities
- Hold education sessions in FM Radio stations, TV and other forums on topical issues
- Respond to topical National and County issues
- Establish and update the ECPDA Website
- Prepare and share an annual ECPDA newsletter
- Hold annual General Meeting, hold elections and file all relevant returns